Negotiating is a skill that like warfare tactics must be honed. It is important to be mentally prepared to win. Do the ground work well before your reach the negotiating table and decide on the âpathâ you are going to take. Positivity will help as also a sense of confidence and self esteem. Set aside any doubts you may have and stride forward prepared to win at all costs.
The five cornerstones of successful negotiation skills are placing emphasis on common points; presenting clear arguments; being innovative and open to several options; focusing on the problem being dealt with; looking for a clear solution. The key is to be clear about your preferred outcome. However in the back of your mind you must be willing to compromise to some extent.
A good negotiator is an excellent communicator and understands how human beings think, feel, and function. You must be able to befriend the people seated on the other side of the negotiating table. You must know when to push hard, when to accept a compromise, and when to walk away. A negotiator is in many ways an artist he needs a great amount of creativity to steer the negotiations to a successful completion. A negotiator must keep in mind the 3Fs: fair, fast, and firm.
According to the gurus there are tactics to be used for negotiating:
1. Be focused on the problem or issue. Logical arguments are the key to smooth negotiations.
2. It is important to be firm yet polite when making a stand or presenting a point.
3. Clearly emphasize the advantages and disadvantages.
4. Be patient and let the process of negotiation take its course.
5. Put ego aside and concentrate on the matter at hand. It is finding an amiable solution thatâs important not self worth or position.
6. Never threaten or manipulate the opposite partyâit is completely unethical and unfair.
7. Aim for solutions that are interest based and not what individual desires or aims are. It is best to consider any situation as a whole rather than from a personal view point.
8. Avoid psychological traps and have the magnanimity to admit when you are wrong. Be open minded.
9. Donât accept weak solutions and try and negotiate a plausible settlement. Temporary measures are not what you need. A permanent solution must be sought.
10. Value time, schedules, and deadlines. A good negotiator will not beat around the bush or adopt delay tactics or waste time talking about mundane matters. It is professional to immediately get down to the business at hand.
Most human beings are born negotiators. From the first breath a baby takes it makes all around him dance to his tunes. Most of us consciously or unconsciously do what we have to do to get our own way in life. And, if we look closely it is just mastering the art of negotiation.
Page 2 of 2 : Previous
- Category: Remember that (continued)
- Benefits of promoting your business with promotional magnets
- BetterTrades - Educational Resource
- Building, Remodeling or Flipping a New home - Insider information
- Business can save money by selecting the right job consultancy
- Business hygiene and cleaning machines
- Business loan and how to acquire it
- Can I Become a Transcriptionist?
- Can Telemarketing Fraud Happen To You?
- Can You Work From Home For Free?
- Cash Gifting Programs: What You Need to Succeed in Cash Gifting
- Cash Gifting: Is Cash Gifting Really as Easy as You Hear?
- Cash Gifting: Take a Leap of Faith - in Yourself!
- Celebrities and Their Sunglasses Celebrities and Their Sunglasses
- Discover Your Online Business Potential and Earn Direct Daily Payments
- Doctors Excuse - Whats Real And Whats Not!
- EMS India
- Enhance Your Children's Fitness Business with Preschool Exercise Programs
- Entertainment Sources
- Entrepreneurship and Cash Gifting: Are You an Entrepreneur in Your Heart?
- Excellent real estate values on PEI
- Fall Safety and Small Business
- Fancy Dress 1970s style guide
- Farming with GPS
- Finally a law firm that gives it best in terms of offshore corporations
- Finding A Work From Home Data Entry Job
- Finding Work From Home Data Entry Jobs
- GOING GREEN THE IMPRINTED PROMOTIONAL PRODUCTS WAY
- Greg Winteregg, DDS Answers The Managed Care Riddle
- Guide on Hen Parties games for fun and games
- Helping you to find a good Estate Agent
- High Demand Products Differentiate the Best Online Business Opportunities
- How recruitment consultants can add value
- How To Choose A Commercial Painting Contractor
- How to Generate Buyer Sales Leads for Your Online Business
- How to Make Money Fast by Offering Useful Online Software
- HR TRAINING UNIVERSITY COURSES
- I Ching
- Increasing Popularity of Outsourcing Data Entry Services to India
- Indian Exporters Found Easily Online!
- Investing in Commercial Real Estate
- Jollibee's Way of Advertising
- Kids Entertainment Shows in Australia
- LG Phones
- Make Money Fast Online by Selling Informative E-books
- Make Money on the Internet with a New Online Business
- Make The Internet Your Personal Home Theatre
- Money Making Systems Tips
- New Christian Community Website
- Online Businesses that Provide Residual Income and Direct Daily Payments
- Online Doctor Notes
- Online Shopping and itâs craze
- Organize yourself with Custom Closets
- PEI, rural charm & economic opportunity
- Planet Antares Offers a Complete Vending Service
- POSTCARD PRINTING AND DESIGNS
- Precision Engineers: Endangered Species?
- Promote Your School or Business with Custom Imprinted Padfolios
- Protecting Standard Computers In Industrial Applications
- Questions about Online Surveys
- Real Estate Forms
- Safety Certification for Painting Contractors
- SEC Filing Services
- Selecting a Burglar Alarm Company
- Small Business Opportunity
- Social Media Marketing - Goals and Effectiveness
- Spring Has Sprung
- Start Your Own Business
- Storage Containers Store Bigger Stuff Than Salt And Sugar
- Teeth whitening for the best smile
- The Berry Tree Reviewed
- The Chatty Cheerleaderâ¦
- The Importance of Comparing Online Discount Health Insurance Plan Options
- The Many Benefits of Video Conferencing
- The new Mac Air:Some of the features of the thinnest yet
- The Notebook and its Adaptors
- The repossession procedure in the UK
- The Shot Heard Around the World: Google's Endorsement of "Get Google Ads Free!"
- The Six Sigma Leadership Advantage
- The Truth about Cash Gifting and Taxation
- Things To Remember About Work From Home Jobs
- Tips on how to get the best price for your home
- Toner & ink jet cartridges and ways to save money
- Top 6 Reasons You Need a Website
- Unified conference software: audio-video-WEBconference, for Intranet
- What are the Benefits of Business Loan?
- What is ERP?
- What is so happening about online shopping?
- What is SS7?
- What Type of Person Belongs in The Reverse Funnel System
- What You Need to Have Knowledge about Home Business
- Where To Buy a College Degree
- Who makes a Good Travel Nurse?
- Why Buy Coach Handbags and Purses?
- Why party hats are great news for partygoers
- Why The Reverse Funnel System Makes Success Easy
- Will A Pool Alarm Stop Someone From Drowning?
- Will Ty Coughlin's Reverse Funnel System Genuinely Work?
- Words: Weak or Powerful?
- Work From Home Assembly
- Work From Home Business Opportunity Choices
- Work From Home Computer Jobs
- Work from home with a Virtual Office
- Working At Home Is Great, But Requires Discipline
- Wow ! Frank Thomas Rules !
- Category: Uncategorized
- 10 Reasons Why You Should Take Control And Be Your Own Boss.
- Ford plant closure: Heavy is the crown
- G8 pledges $38-billion in Arab Spring aid
- Here's the world's worst housing markets
- Reasons for optimism on stocks
- Scotiabank to buy 20% stake in Chinese bank
- Top 5 Tips for a Small Business Hiring Graduates
- Top 5 Tips for Avoiding Small Business Legal Issues
- Top 5 Tips for Small Business Customer Security
- Top 5 Tips for Small Business Insurance
- Wealthy Barber is back in business
- WinWeb Introduces Personal Virtual Office Manager
- Category: Your chance
- "Business Plan Writers: Should You Hire One?"
- "Hello, I'm Johnny Cash"- Surprising Lessons For Work At Home Moms
- "How to Make your Computer your Personal ATM"
- "Starbucks-China" Blend: A Slam Dunk Grande
- "The Impact of Lacking Self-Esteem on Business Professionals"
- $1000 in 24 Hours For Experienced Internet Geeks.
- $3 Million in 6 Months With Adsense!
- 'Shifts' to Help You in Times Good or Bad
- 07 Irresistible Traffic Generation Internet Marketing Strategies To Make Money
- 10 Common Homeowner Complaints
- 10 Reasons Why People Don't Buy From You
- âThe Cons of a 50/50 Equity Business Partnership.â
- Category: Your step
- 10 Things You Need to Know before Buying Bluetooth Headsets
- 10 Things you should know before buying a business in California
- 10 Time-tested, Battle-Hardend Blog Traffic Techniques
- 10 Tips for Easy Fundraising with Memorial Bricks
- 10 Tips to keep your cleaning staff motivated
- 10 Tips to Succeed in Your Legitimate Home Business
- 10 Tips when using electronic forms
- 10 Ways to Earn More, Work Less, and Enjoy Your Summer
- 10 ways to get links to your site
- 20 ReasonsTo Have Your Own Homeworker Website
- 20 Tips for Being Productive While Traveling
Page 2 of 2 : Previous