The weekly top 5 tips post is always full of helpful hints and advice for small, home and micro business owners.
1. If customers have to login to your website, all of their details should be encrypted so that their privacy is respected. In addition, you should use a secure method for processing customer transactions.
2. Your website must also be securely protected and free of viruses or malware that could infect the computer of a customer. Failure to do so will lead to your website being blacklisted by search engines.
3. Keep your security certificates up-to-date. Nothing will make a visitor more suspicious about a website than an expired certificate pop-up, even if the reason for the expiration is actually completely innocent.
4. It is important to make your contact details plainly visible on your website so that consumers will feel confident enough to deal with you. They need to know that if they have any problems they will be able to query them.
5. Use security questions and CAPTCHAs (Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart) in order to prevent spam signups or password hacking.