The weekly top 5 tips post is always full of helpful hints and advice for small, home and micro business owners.
1. Make sure that you entirely understand your business insurance needs before shopping around for a new policy. Conduct research or speak to a professional if you have any doubts.
2. There are useful online tools that can be used to estimate the level of liability for your business, based on factors such as the industry you are in and the number of people you employ.
3. You most likely already have insurance on your home and automobile. It is a good idea to contact this company to see if they will give you a business insurance discount for being an existing customer.
4. Donât go with a company just because they give you the cheapest quote. Check to make sure that the policy will actually cover your needs and that there isnât anything in the smallprint that could make it impossible to claim.
5. Try to get full quotations from at least three of the major insurers as you will likely be surprised about how wildly the policy valuation can differ.